Broader Impacts Wizard Introduction
The BI Wizard provides support in defining the key elements of an effective BI plan. The Wizard will help researchers answer these important questions:
- Who will I work with?
- How and where will I work with them?
- What effective practices support my proposed approach?
- How will I know if I have been successful/effective?
- And how much will all this cost?
The BI Wizard provides guidance based on the experience of ARIS BI professionals. Please watch the video for more information about the BI Wizard and an introduction to constructing effective BI projects.
The NSF expects all Principal Investigators to communicate the societal benefits of their research. Broader Impacts activities can take many forms and range in scope and duration. For example they can occur through the:
- Research itself including research that has potential to lead to breakthroughs in certain industries or contribute to solutions to societal problems or
- Activities that are directly related to specific research projects or are supported by, but are complementary to, the project
The BI Wizard presents several considerations and provides an interactive worksheet to assist with constructing a BI plan for a proposal.
Let's get started!
Start anywhere in the cycle to develop a strong BI plan.
Finding Partners and Determining your Target Audience
Determine who you want to reach with your BI efforts and how you can have a positive impact.
Developing your Budget
Brainstorm the resources will you need to achieve your objectives and develop a viable budget.
Explore a range of BI options supported and encouraged by NSF.
Explore evaluation strategies for your BI project.
Use our interactive worksheet to draft an outline for your BI plan.